The decision is made. You are creating a company profile video for your brand, business or company. There are a lot of things to consider and a few things you can do to prep for this process. These 13 Basic video production questions will streamline the video production process for your creatives! This will also save your company time and money in the process of the video production or with whomever you hire for this exciting addition to your branding.
1. Main objective of video: sales, training, commercial, PSA, trade show.
How many videos and their estimated length (< 3 minutes preferred) Audience demographics and where will they view it.
2. Repurpose, if any: Will some footage be used in another video, web or broadcast. Is there old footage that we will add to this new video? If so what format is it in (4K Ultra HD, 2.5K, 720 or 1080 HD)?
3. Script and/or storyboards: Written by staff or a scriptwriter. Who will approve the script? This is very important to determine the length of the video. We offer full Scripting and Treatments.
4. Voice Over or On Camera: Use hired talent or employee? Is a teleprompter needed?Makeup/stylist, wardrobe.
5. Include interviews or testimonials: Use clients or employees, how many and at what location.
6. Shoot location(s): If at clients location what are the sound issues, phones, intercom, heavy equipment, airport nearby. Does this production require camera moves, Dolly rolls, crane shots, Gimbals or steady cam operator. Do we need green screen and is there sufﬁcient room to set up at clients location?
7. Edit: Will you include graphics, logos, photos, screen captures. You must provide names and titles for those in the video for lower thirds titles. This must be provided to the editor before editing begins. We offer Motion Graphics and Animations as an add on service.
8. Music: Original score? (costly). Editor or client selects music?
9. Output to DVD: Seldom used anymore and not recommended. We can output both a regular DVD and Blu-Ray. Now a presentation branding video is played from a computer or even a thumb drive connected to an LCD TV.
10. Output for web: Will we format the video for YouTube or Vimeo? We offer full 4K Ultra HD output as well as 2.5 and 2K. Usually it is at 1080 HD but I can also output 720 HD. Their web site designer can embed the video onto their site. If it will be put on your web site we need to know the frame size for the video.
11. Deliverables: Normally we use Dropbox for all preview and ﬁnal videos.
12. Backup for client: Does the client require a backup of all footage and the ﬁnal project to keep on site? This often requires the purchase of an external drive. Editor backs up all jobs for 5 years on 2 raided drives.
13. Output for broadcast: We need to have a list of stations as they each have strict requirements for video and audio.